Saturday 5 May 2012

Leaving les Contamines and getting close to the start line

Just about to leave les Contamines for the first time since Christmas Day when I arrived. This has been my home for quite a long time and I am really scared, nervous and excited about leaving. I am having a simple ride down to the train station in St Gervais. I hope this counts as a training ride. I think it should. So what if its only 15Km, mostly downhill requiring little pedalling! I think it counts.




I am very excited about getting to St Bonnet de Mure tonight. As you know this is my start line. I will be setting off in a few days and am rather looking forward to it. I am also super duper excited at seeing my nieces. Ok got to go now, very important work to be done in closing up the chalet. Turning water, gas and electricity off, shutting all the shutters, locking all the doors and hoping that I do a good enough job so that Papi John invites me here again. 

I have had the most wonderful time and would highly recommend to people the experience of a winter season in a ski resort. Brilliant fun. I did have the best job, only a short 3 minute commute from my place and that includes the time it takes to go to the bakery in the morning. I have also been fortunate enough to have had an amazing season for snow, with incredible powder in January and the snow lasting till the end which is no mean feat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment